28 September 2008 (Sunday)
Hakushaku to Yōsei– about a female “fairy doctor” who heads to London to see her father and meets a young knight-earl who she ends up joining on a quest to get a treasured sword.
1 October (Wed)
Rosario + Vampire Capu2– A new character is introduced in a school where the normal human is surrounded by youkai (monsters in disguise) and full of fanservice.
- Toradora! (image)- The male protagonist is frustrated at trying to look his best as he enters his 2nd year of high school. Despite his gentle personality, his eyes make him look like an intimidating delinquent so he is utterly hopeless about his chances of getting a girlfriend anytime soon, and does not have many close friends either. After being greeted by his hungover mother in the morning, Ryūji goes to school and is happy to find that he gets to be in the same class as his best friend Yūsaku Kitamura and crush Minori Kushieda. However, it is then that he unexpectedly knocks into “the school’s most dangerous animal of the highest risk level” who just happens to also be in his class.
Noramimi 2– A world where children can have special “characters” who keep them company through their elementary school years.
- Hyakko – takes place in a large private school and follows the lives of a group of four girls who are led by a very active and spunky girl
Casshern Sins– follows a similar story of a cyborg fighting in a post-apocalyptic world ruled by robots
- Yozakura Quartet – a group of powerful teens (one of whom is a catgirl) who work freelance cases protecting a city from various youkai
2 October (Thu)
- Shikabane Hime – a story about a girl known as a shikabane hime (corpse princess). This girl is tasked with hunting undead corpses and is herself relatively unkillable due to the fact that she’s also a corpse
- Kuroshitsuji – an incredibly powerful and skillful butler who serves an aristocratic family. More specifically, he serves the 12-year-old boy head of the family, and he’s capable of taking out entire armies of bad guys.
Hokuto no Ken Raoh Gaiden: Ten no Haoh– ………it’s a guy’s show.
- Clannad: After Story (image) – focuses on Nagisa’s path after the end of the previous season where she and Tomoya are more or less a couple (the alternate path is Tomoyo btw)
- Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka – a boy who finds out that he’s engaged to a girl (by their parents) who hates him after a less-than-pleasant first encounter
3 October (Fri)
Tentai Senshi Sunred– ………looks like a kid’s show Tales of Abyss– involves a rich guy who has no memories of his childhood because of the shock of being kidnapped when he was young. He gets thrust into the middle of an old prophecy after a mysterious girl attacks his home, and they magically get transported far away. Linebarrels of Iron– a boy who meets a naked girl with no memories and obtains a mecha via an accident. He subsequently becomes a powerful pilot and has a to fight a lot of battles and such.
4 October (Sat)
- To Aru Majutsu no Index (left image) – mixes religion with magic and the supernatural powers in a modern city where such ability development is part of the school curriculum. The main character finds a girl dressed as a nun hanging on his balcony one day, and it turns out that this girl has all of the church’s magical texts stored in her mind. Things get messy from there as the main character has to protect the girl from those who come after her.
Shugo Chara!! Doki– ………not interested Kemeko Deluxe!– name of the powersuit that bursts into the room of the main character one morning and declares that she’s his bride. She’s short, stubby, and not much to look at, but it turns out that inside of her is a beautiful girl whose mission it is to protect the main character because of his hidden special ability.
- Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens – an art student who carves a statue of a spirit, only to have it come alive as the embodiment of a goddess. She turns out to be a very spunky girl who takes her cues for doing her job (purifying the land) from magical girl anime.
- Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae (right image) – Enma Ai is back for a third Jigoku Shoujo series, this time with a new girl who’s got some deep connection to the Jigoku Tsuushin (Hell Correspondance)
5 October (Sun)
Inazuma Eleven– ………looks like a show for kids Skip Beat!– starts with a girl who’s been working her ass off for a rising star who happens to also be her childhood friend and lives with her. He treats her like crap though and the final straw comes when she overhears him badmouthing her and hitting on his manager. Wanting revenge, she decides to become a star as well, and the bulk of the story chronicles her climb up. Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season(left image) – continuation of last year’s Gundam 00 series. This picks up four years after, and in that time, the Earth Federation government has established an independent security preservation force named A-LAWS that is actually oppressing people under the guise of peace and unity. Macademi Washoi!– about boy who summons an incredibly powerful girl capable of destroying entire countries. She has the maturity of a little kid though and ends up living with him. Live On Cardliver Kakeru– ………another show for kids
- Kyo no Go no Ni (right image) – follows 5th year primary school (elementary grade 5) kids in perverted situations.
Ga Rei -Zero-– follows a special forces unit that’s fighting evil spirits for a government agency.
6 October (Mon)
Vampire Knight: Guilty– continues the love triangle story started in the first series of a human girl caught between a pure-blood vampire and a former human vampire.
- ef – a tale of melodies. (image) – would explore the relationships not covered in the first series (Yuuko/Yuu and Mizuki/Kuze). Previous season was one of the best series for (Autumn) 2007
Bihada Ichizoku– appears to be promoting cosmestic products and is a “cosmetic love story” (?) … Images of it already put me off.
7 October (Tue)
One Outs– follows a professional baseball player who’s lacking something that will allow him to win a championship with his team until he meets an amazing pitcher who plays a type of “one out” gambling baseball.
- Mōryō no Hako (image) – involves a group of detectives and writers who come together to solve the case of a murder spree where beautiful girls are being mutilated.
Kurozuka– the 1000+ year journey of two vampire lovers from medieval to future times.
9 October (Thu)
- Tytania – a city-state engaging the powerful Tytania family in battle (in space), and what happens there leads to more people acting against the Tytania dominance.
- Nodame Cantabile: Paris – cover the main characters’ rise to fame in Paris as covered in the drama and manga series
- Chaos;HEAd (image) – a reclusive high school boy who gets caught up in the middle of a series of mysterious murders when he receives an Internet link detailing the next one.
11 October (Sat)
Junjo Romantica 2– ………yaoi
12 October (Sun)
Negibouzu no Asatarou– ………how many show for kids are there?
15 October (Wed)
- Michiko to Hacchin (picture) – a new series about two girls on the run. One destroyed a prison that’s supposedly impossible to break out of, and the other wants to live freely away from her strict foster parents. Appears to have a lot of South American things involved.
Red: Will watch
Blue: Will not watch, but is popular
Strikethrough: Will absolutely not watch