(cross-posted from main blog)
Forgive me for having this out quite late. (Kämpfer ep2 would be airing in a few hours.) Let’s just get it started as this is a continuation of the previous Spring/Summer anime review post.
(Note: Screenshots may not feature the main character or suggestive scenes in the anime.)
Description: Senou Natsuru is your normal, everyday high school student. However he´s been chosen to be a Kampfer, who´s objective consists on fighting other Kampfer with either guns, swords or magic, however, there´s catch; first you can´t chose if you´re a Kampfer or not, and second, you must have the body of a girl to use your powers.
Comments: Haven’t seen a Male-to-Female transformation for quite a long time. When was the last one? Simoun? Kashimashi? Ether way, it was a long time ago.
Description: Junpei Kōsaka is a second-year high school student who despises cats and has an allergy to them. It just so happens that his high school crush is Kaede Mizuno, a girl who adores cats. One day, while walking home from school, Junpei kicks an empty can and unfortunately beans the local neko-jizō-sama (guardian deity of cats). He finds he can now understand what cats are saying, including his family’s own ill-tempered cat, Nyamusasu. However, if he does not grant 100 wishes from cats, he will turn into cat himself.
Comments: This show is obviously overloaded with cats and not the kind of anime I would watch, especially with other anime in the autumn season. Dropped it at the first episode.
“OMG! Are those two in the cafe doing what I think they are doing?!!!”
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
Comments: They actually managed to reintroduce the characters and avoid the long draggy parts from its main adaption (To Aru Majutsu no Index). We also get to see how wild Kuruko can get.
Description: The series, which is also called Hekiyō Gakuen Seito-kaigi Jiroku (The Records of the Hekiyō Academy Student Council’s Activities), revolves around a private high school whose student council is chosen entirely by popularity vote. Because of this, Ken Sugisaki is the only male representative, in the otherwise all bishōjo student council, that may enter the “sacred sanctuary” of the council’s meeting room. At the behest of Council President Kurimu Sakurano, Sugisaki records the minutes of the council meetings, which devolve into daily conversations about the students’ lives and interests.
Comments: Somewhat reminds me of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei a lot for some reason, though the anime that have been parodied from so far are noticeably from Kadokawa or KyoAni.
Description: Tomoki Sakurai often encounters a strange girl in his dreams asking for his help, but he can’t remember her face when he wakes up. When an Unidentified Mysterious Animal (U.M.A.) falls out of the sky, his life of pacifism suddenly becomes complicated. The animal turns out to be an angel, Ikaros.
Comment: When I first saw this, it looks like the kind of anime I would skip completely, but on closer look, maybe I would stick around for a bit longer. For some odd reason they also included… erm… nevermind….
Description: Kobato is a young girl that for unknown reasons, needs to fill a mysterious bottle with the feelings of people with a heart in pain, for that she needs to “Cure” other people’s hearts and make them happy, but this could become even more difficult than she thought.Her companion for this task is a grumpy plush dog she calls Ioryogi-san
Comments: The voice actress of the main heroine reminds me of Yui of K-On! or Fuuko of Clannad somewhat. Seems to takes place in the same word as Cardcaptor Sakura and Tsubasa Chronicles.
Description: Kimi ni Todoke is about a girl named Kuronuma Sawako. She is nicknamed Sadako (from the ring) because many people see her as strange and often mistake her for a ghost. A boy called Kazehaya kun becomes her friend and, to her, is “100% refreshness.”
Kuronuma Sawako’s one wish in life is to make friends. That’s a difficult proposition when everyone who meets her cowers in terror. She admires her classmate, Kazehaya-kun, a popular, easygoing and 100% refreshing guy who is nice with everyone, even with her.
Comment: Well, the storyline was good, but the character design in the first episode (including the OP/ED) was unbearable to look at. Not only the heroine, but the other characters too. If you have watched other anime, you probably know what I mean by that. It’s rather ironic that is one of the better character designs in the entire episode. Too bad they are one-off characters that appear for a few seconds though.
The problem with girls: They are too beautiful that they are even attracted to each other.
Description: Sumika Murasame and Ushio Kazama are two high school girls who are best friends. Sumika is secretly in love with Ushio, but her friend only likes cute girls, while Sumika is a tomboy.
Comment: To tell you the truth, I haven’t watch this yet. Neither have I heard comments or reviews by other people, so I don’t really know much about this.
These are anime that have yet to air as at the time of typing:
- Darker Than Black: Ryūsei no Gemini
- Two years have passed since Hei and Yin escaped the Syndicate after the events of the first season. Making their way to Russia, Hei encounters a young girl named Suou Pavlichenko, whose family is gradually pulled into the war between contractors and various intelligence factions. Meanwhile, Misaki Kirihara has quit her position in Foreign Affairs to begin her own investigations into Hei, the Contractors and the Syndicate.
- Gokyoudai Monogatari
- Fairy Tail
Lucy is a 16-year-old girl, who wants to be a full-fledged mage. One day when visiting Harujion Town, she meets Natsu, a young man who gets sick easily by any type of transportation. But Natsu isnt just any ordinary kid, he’s a member of one of the world’s most infamous mage guilds: Fairy Tail.Lucy is a 17-year-old girl, who wants to join a mage guild to become a full-fledged mage. One day, Natsu, a young man who is looking for the salamander and his talking cat Happy meets Lucy and help her get out of a sticky situation. That’s when she find out that Natsu not only is a mage, but is also a member of one of the world’s most infamous mage guilds…Fairy Tail.Lucy is a teenage girl who wants to become a full-fledged mage. One day when visiting Harujion Town, she meets Natsu, a young man who gets sick easily by any type of transportation. But Natsu isnt just any ordinary kid, he’s a member of one of the world’s most infamous mage guilds: Fairy Tail.
- Kaidan Restaurant
- Kūchū Buranko
- Kiddy Girl-and
- ES members Éclair and Lumière once were involved in a battle to decide the fate of the galaxy. They prevailed and peace was restored to the galaxy. Now, 50 years later, the galaxy once again stands on the brink of chaos. This conflict will see the dawn of two new heroines; Ascoeur and Q-feuille.
- Winter Sonata
These are the anime in the Autumn lineup, but were not mentioned above and is already airing currently:
- Asura Cryin’ 2
- Tatakau Shisho – The Book of Bantorra
- In a world where dead people turn into books and are stored in the Bantorra Library where anyone who reads a book can learn their past. Bantorra Library is maintained by Armed Librarians who wield psychic powers and their enemy is a religious society known as Sindeki Kyoudan.
- Tentai Senshi Sunred 2
- The Sacred Blacksmith
- Letter Bee
- Gauche is a governmental employee, given the task to deliver any letter to it’s destination. Meeting a young boy who is the letter to be delivered, Gauche makes friends with Lag and inspires him to take up the job. Five years later, Lag Seeing finally becomes his dream, that of a Letter Bee. However, the one who inspired him has gone missing and only there does the mystery start.
- Kotatsu Neko
- Inuyasha: The Final Act
- This TV Anime will depict the 36 – 56 (end) Inuyasha mangas. The story continues from the last moment saw on Inuyasha’s original anime. Inuyasha, Kagome, Sango, Miroku and Shippou are now in the definitive quest to beat Naraku and the evil he has created and absorved, they don’t lose hope since their future depends on it, but the path isn’t easy nor short so they will go trough life threatening situations and must put their friendship and love on the line with wisdom to know who their friends and foes are to succeed.
- Yumeiro Pâtissière
- Natsu no Arashi! Akinai-chū
- Miracle Train ~Ōedo-sen e Yōkoso~
- There is an urban legend in Japan about an underground subway line that moves without limitations. The rumor is only gorgeous men ride a train that is known as the Miracle Train. And if you were to happen upon this line, you would undoubtedly fall into a complete state of happiness. Being touched by a ray of light, granting her access to enter into the Oedo Line platform, where the Miracle Train runs. As the doors open up, the space inside is very different, as six handsome men await you inside. According to the conductor the leadership of these six gentlemen and the female guide, when women have worries or insecurities, the Miracle Train will appear. With names matching the stations along the line, these fabulous gentlemen, whose bonds together are tight, despite their different personalities, will erase. all of your worries and fears.
- Shin Koihime†Musō: Otome Ryōran Sangokushi Engi
- Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza
- Anyamaru Tantei Kiruminzuu
- Himitsu Kessha Taka no Tsume Countdown
- Satsuki Kakeru lost his sister by suicide and has been living a dull life ever since then. One day, he is transported into a bizarre world “Red Night” along with his friend Minase Yuka. In order to survive and escape from Red Night, he fights against Dark Spirits (Ralva) and Black Nights.