So how did this whole incident of people being mysteriously turned into girls begin? Was it that abandoned ski loge that Saeko found where we first heard of it? No, it was already happening at that time. I didn’t realize before, but the answer is actually closer to me: my aunt. Yes, she may be younger than me, but it was my dad’s parents and dad himself having a child too early caused me to be one generation ahead of what it should be.
You see, this aunt of mine, Nanami Fujibayashi, vanished in front of my eyes at her house when I went to check on her on one of those days between me arriving back from my university and getting married. She was living alone with… That’s odd; I can’t remember who it was other than that person being a relative, and nether remember who my grandparents and above were. My memory tells me she has a younger sister, Naomi, but Saeko and Nanami insisted that Naomi was one of those people who were among the first batch of people to be transformed where their existence is shifted to a different family where they think they have always been a part of them, where neither them nor those aware of this, could remember who they were before. The same goes for the family members they were formerly from. I will talk about why people do not remember people who were transformed in the first year, and why people could remember, and stay with the existing families, for the subsequent years up to present later. And also, my dad being turned into a girl too.
Back to the story, my aunt reappeared at Saeko’s house at Inami City some distance away… A SECOND LATER! The flash of green lights she saw told me that it was that doll Saeko and I have encountered before, where I almost died while stuck in an another dimension back during my days in High School.
During the time between me seeing my aunt disappear and Saeko calling me that Nanami was with her, I thought I was seeing things, or my aunt cease to exist. My aunt told me that, during that one second, she was trapped in a huge empty white void for what seemed like hours. In that time, something that looked like a scene preview appeared, which automatically loads any scene in her memory that has many people in a scene. The settings panel that appeared is the primary cause of it happening, but since the words on it were so cryptic to her (she wasn’t detailed enough for me to determine what exactly she saw), and thinking the whole thing was just something like a game editor, she did not revert the changes she made when she left.
What exactly was the scene she saw editing? She didn’t say: she only told me that the people in it changed with each setting, in my aunt’s words and my comment on what it could have been:
- Changing the weather and sunlight. People’s clothing changed depending on the temperature.
- I am guessing this does not change the real world and more of how they would look like in various weather, seasons, and time of day.
- Several settings where nothing visible happened
- Perhaps this was the rate the changes takes place? The intelligence of people? How the body works? If only I could at least see what the cryptic words look like for me to be able to translate.
- Made some children older, elderly people younger, with the slightly older children and slightly younger elderly changing too the more this was changed by a notch, along with a sub setting that doesn’t do anything, and another appearing to invert the selected range.
- I’m guessing this changes the minimum and maximum age range of people to change, with the difference between the two narrowing the more this was changed. With that inverted range selected, that becomes the age range where people to not get affected by the change which means that, over time, everyone would be changed, including me! Since it is already in effect, inverting that setting back is a bad idea since it changes all the remaining people who aren’t previously affected, and not restore people who already have changed. That setting that didn’t seem to do anything is probably the delay setting for the minimum and maximum, which explains why we don’t see babies and children changing like how the elderly did.
- More people in the scene turned into men in one direction, women in the opposite direction
- I’m guessing this changes the gender ratio of men to women. I didn’t know the current situation could have been where more women being turned into men instead of the current opposite situation before she mentioned this. It is unclear at this time if she had the setting to have more women than men, or made up of women only. What is for sure is that there are more women than ever before, and the men, which are already the minority, are still turning into young women today.
Well, I’m am now absolutely positive that my aunt was responsible for all the elderly and tough men being turned into young girls, but she didn’t know what she was doing, and she got into that situation in the first place because of that doll. The problem is, those settings are in some unknown dimension we can’t get to without knowing what it is. It almost seems as if it could fundamentally change how our very own world works, and our world could have been paused for hours while my aunt was there. You wouldn’t notice the world around you was paused if you are a part of it unless noticeable changes were made during that pause.
Why is it that people could not remember who the people transformed in the first year were, but could for the subsequent years? Well, it started when people noticed that elderly people and tough people were missing, more girls in school than before, and, more importantly, people can’t remember who those people were. It wasn’t clear until the first population census after the change was released proved their suspicion. It was then that scientists, including us at Hatsuya Research, went on a scramble to figure out what was going on.
Based on what my aunt told me, I asked the department that researches other dimensions to see if they could figure out something. It is also this department that helped brought me back from that other dimension. Information involving our company’s counterparts of other dimensions, along with the things in there different from ours, go through this department.
[Author’s note: I honestly don’t want the Kansai-arc to end abruptly after only just two parts, but those were written 8-12 months ago and I don’t remember the details. I am fast-forwarding the time to catch up to the events of S2P87 and beyond.]